- Regional Fairs
- Aardvark Science Expo
- Beaverton-Hillsboro Science Expo
- Central Western Oregon Science Expo
- COCC Regional Science Expo
- CREST-Jane Goodall Science Symposium
- Gresham-Barlow Science Expo
- Portland Public Schools Science Expo
- St. Matthew Regional Middle School Science Expo
- SW Washington Science and Engineering Fair
- Intel NWSE
- About Intel NWSE
- Volunteer Info
- Stephanie's Blog
- MS Registration Deadlines
- Regional Fair Calendar
- Intel ISEF
- NWSES Rulebook
- For Judges
- Getting Started
- Online Registration
What are engineering goals and the development process?
Submitted by admin on Sun, 09/07/2008 - 11:28am
Goals of Engineering (From the Student Handbook for Pre-college Science & Engineering Projects, 2005-2006 Edition):
An engineering project should state the engineering goals, the development process, and the evaluation of improvements. Engineering projects may include the following steps:
- Define a need.
- Develop design criteria.
- Search literature to see what has already been done.
- Prepare preliminary designs.
- Build and test a prototype.
- Retest and redesign as necessary.